Call: 662-234-3930 | 1623 Highway 30 E Oxford, Mississippi 38655

Yes, ant bites can hurt a dog. Ant bites can cause discomfort, redness, swelling, and itching at the site of the bite. Some dogs may also experience anaphylactic reactions, which can include symptoms such as vomiting, weakness, respiratory distress, pale gums, and collapse1.

It is important to note that while ant bites on dogs are usually not life-threatening, there can be complications if a dog has allergic reactions or an underlying medical condition. If you suspect that your dog has been bitten by ants and is experiencing significant pain or an adverse reaction, it is best to consult with a veterinarian for guidance on appropriate treatment.

Visit our website at Oxford Veterinary Clinic or call us any time if you have any questions at 662-234-3930.