Call: 662-234-3930 | 1623 Highway 30 E Oxford, Mississippi 38655
Select Page

As a responsible pet owner, it is crucial to prioritize the health and well-being of your furry friend. When it comes to the topic of dogs consuming candy, it is important to exercise caution and take necessary precautions. In our house, we just say no to our pets eating any candy.

While dogs may have a sweet tooth like humans, it is generally not recommended for them to consume candy. The ingredients found in most candies, such as sugar, artificial sweeteners, chocolate, and even xylitol can be harmful or toxic to dogs.

If your dog accidentally ingests candy or shows symptoms of discomfort after consumption, it is advisable to consult a veterinarian immediately. They are the experts who can provide accurate guidance based on your dog’s specific breed, size, and overall health condition.

NEVER LET YOUR DOG CONSUME CHOCOLATE! IT IS TOXIC TO DOGS.

Remember that prevention is always better than cure when it comes to pet health. It is best to keep all types of candies out of reach from your dog and instead opt for healthy treats specifically designed for canine consumption. Your veterinarian can recommend suitable alternatives that will satisfy your dog’s cravings without compromising their well-being.

By prioritizing your dog’s health and seeking professional advice from a veterinarian, you can ensure that they lead a happy and healthy life free from any unnecessary risks associated with consuming candy.

Oxford Veterinary Clinic is always here to answer question or concern you have about your pet’s health. Cal us at 662-234-3930.